|By PR.com Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 10:30 AM EST||
Boston, MA, November 06, 2012 --(PR.com)-- From the creator of OutMilitary.com, The Support Network for LGBT Service Members, Veterans and their Supporters, has launched OutMilitaryNews.com, the gay and lesbian service member’s source for news and entertainment.
“We’re gathering the best writers and subject matter experts to bring you the latest stories and news items affecting gay military,” said John McKinnon, creator of the new LGBT news website. “It is our pledge to keep you entertained and informed.”
McKinnon brought Shaun Knittel, Out Military News editor and U.S. Navy veteran, aboard to oversee the daily operation of the website and manage its content. Knittel brings over a decade of experience as an out gay journalist and military public affairs specialist to the news website.
“Out Military News incorporates original copy, exclusive interviews with notable politicians and top military brass with viral videos and photos, news updates and more, to keep readers abreast of issues that directly affect them,” said Knittel. “I am proud to work for a news website that has out gay military as their readership and focus. There are an estimated 65,000 lesbian, bisexual and gay active duty and reserve troops serving in our nation’s military today. In addition, there are over 1 million LGBT U.S. military veterans out there. Out Military News’ goal is to become their go to source for news and entertainment.”
Out Military News officials say they are looking for contributors for the website. Because the content is gay military-specific it would be preferred that writers who wish to contribute have had some military experience – although not required.
“We are looking for writers of all kinds,” said Knittel. “Columnists, cartoonists, feature writers – anyone – is welcome to reach out and show us what you’ve got. If readers like your copy we will gladly welcome you to the Out Military News team.”
If you are interested in the opportunity to write for Out Military News, send writing samples and pitch to OutMilitaryNews@gmail.com.
Contact via Email
- Ignite Visibility Announces SEO Advice on Google Penguin 3 Update
- MerriBeth Farnham Recognized by Strathmore's Who's Who Worldwide Publication
- Mountaineer Casino Claims Ice Bucket Challenge Record
- Gonzalo Goicochea, Latin America Sales Manager, Has Been Inducted Into the America’s Registry Roundtable for 2015
- Hot New Package Tracking Software Adds Feature That Allows Companies to Keep Their Branding and Use the Application as If It Was Their Own
- Emergency Messaging and Notification System
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Code42
- InterDyn BMI Earns a Spot on Inc. 5000 List for Second Straight Year
- What a Gamble! Startup Passjoy.com Announces Enhancements for Apple Mobile Payment System, Before It's Even Released
- Oxagile LLC Included in the 2014 Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Companies in the US
- NTT Com Asia Launches Global Virtualization Service in Hong Kong
- Storage Made Easy Announce the General Availability of Their On-Premise Enterprise File Share and Sync Product
- SKGOLD Marketing Ltd. Announces Trademark Registration
- IEEE ICC 2012 Opens Registration for Leading Wireless Networking Conference to be Held June 10 – 15 in Ottawa, Canada
- Portable Experimenter’s Platform, Powered by Raspberry Pi
- Report by California Attorney General Makes Case for Automatic Password Reset Tool: Companies and Agencies Putting Nearly 10% of State’s Adult Population at Risk
- Cleantalk Launched Mobile Application to Control Sign-Up/Commentary on Websites
- Responsive Web Design by Miami Web Developer Web3.0DesignMiami.com Adds Broad Accessibility to High Visibility for StreamlineSolutionsUsa.com
- Enter for a Chance to Win an Apple iPad Mini During the Grand Opening of Silverleaf, Taylor Morrison’s Latest New Home Community in Denver
- Top Business Speaker Partners with SEO Technology Expert to Win at the New Game of Business