|By PR.com Newswire||
|November 2, 2012 03:00 AM EDT||
London, United Kingdom, November 02, 2012 --(PR.com)-- FinSer, a financial services company, based in San Antonio, Texas, today announced with Storage Made Easy its use of the SME Cloud Service Broker dedicated appliance for managing its RackSpace Cloud Storage.
The Cloud Service Broker from SME is hosted on a dedicated Linode instance for FinSer and provides FinSer with a dedicated Private Cloud 'broker' for its RackSpace Cloud Files.
The broker is optimized for dealing with large volumes of Cloud Files from more than 35 different vendors, of which RackSpace is one. The Storage and SaaS clouds can be used individually or different storage or SaaS clouds can be federated and managed through a unified view.
The Cloud Service Broker solution provides a Cloud File Server that adds governance and audit features for all files as well as sophisticated sharing and permissions control, including single sign-on integration with Active Directory. The SME solution encompasses client access for Windows, Mac Linux on the desktop and BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Android and iOS on mobiles/ tablets. As all file access can be controlled and audited through the service broker, desktop and mobile access can be controlled by the Cloud Administrator ensuring that Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)-type policies can be implemented.
Bernhard Zoellich, Sr. VP of Software Development at FinSer, commented on the reasons for choosing the solution. "While there are many cloud storage providers in the market place, only a very limited number of vendors provide the tools to manage a cloud storage environment efficiently and with quality tools. After researching the market place, we selected SME as our vendor because of the quality and cost effectiveness of its tools. The hosted solution provides us with the dedicated management platform needed to efficiently manage our cloud storage solution."
Jim Liddle, CEO of Storage Made Easy said, "We are happy to welcome FinSer as a customer of our on-premise, dedicated appliance hybrid Cloud Service Broker and Cloud File Server platform. I'd like to extend my thanks to FinSer and Bernhard for his foresight and willingness to work with us to highlight his use case. We plan on publishing more use cases to demonstrate how large our footprint has become.”
FinSer Corporation is a financial service company providing Investment Portfolio Accounting and Interest Rate Risk management services to community banks in the United States.
About Storage Made Easy
Storage Made Easy provides a cloud service broker platform and related services either as SaaS or a hybrid on-premise solution. Storage Made Easy unites cloud and data center services into a single environment, guaranteeing file access no matter the location or device while providing the highest levels of management, security, compliance, audit, and access services.
Storage Made Easy is wholly owned by Vehera Ltd., private London-based limited company. Vehera has offices in the United Kingdom, Ukraine, and Moldova.
Click here to read the full story: FinSer Uses Storage Made Easy Cloud Service Broker with RackSpace Cloud Storage
Press Release Distributed by PR.com
- NTT Com Asia Launches Global Virtualization Service in Hong Kong
- Storage Made Easy Announce the General Availability of Their On-Premise Enterprise File Share and Sync Product
- SKGOLD Marketing Ltd. Announces Trademark Registration
- IEEE ICC 2012 Opens Registration for Leading Wireless Networking Conference to be Held June 10 – 15 in Ottawa, Canada
- Portable Experimenter’s Platform, Powered by Raspberry Pi
- Cleantalk Launched Mobile Application to Control Sign-Up/Commentary on Websites
- Report by California Attorney General Makes Case for Automatic Password Reset Tool: Companies and Agencies Putting Nearly 10% of State’s Adult Population at Risk
- Responsive Web Design by Miami Web Developer Web3.0DesignMiami.com Adds Broad Accessibility to High Visibility for StreamlineSolutionsUsa.com
- Top Business Speaker Partners with SEO Technology Expert to Win at the New Game of Business
- Enter for a Chance to Win an Apple iPad Mini During the Grand Opening of Silverleaf, Taylor Morrison’s Latest New Home Community in Denver