|By PR.com Newswire||
|August 24, 2012 03:00 AM EDT||
San Diego, CA, August 24, 2012 --(PR.com)-- LightPointe Communications, Inc., the number one manufacturer of point-to-point Gigabit capacity FSO wireless bridges, and the leader in low latency 60 GHz small cell and 80 GHz backhaul radios used for broadband transmission, announced that the company is enhancing its distribution channel in India. LightPointe, which has focused much of its channel development activities on North America and Europe, is interested in providing its Free Space Optics and millimeter wave 4G/LTE radios to more Indian telecom carriers and enterprises, with emphasis on the cities of Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Kolkata, Surat, Pune and Jaipur. The announcement coincided with the Mobile Backhaul India 2012 conference held in New Delhi August 24th.
“With more than a sixth of the world’s population and a need to connect over a billion people, India represents a huge market for wireless backhaul solutions,” said John Taylor, vice president of sales for LightPointe. “At the same time, India presents a challenge to most companies headquartered in the Unites States, due to import and distribution issues. Although LightPointe has made significant sales to India since its founding, it is clear that we need to enhance our distributor, reseller and integrator partnerships in the country in order to take sales to the next level. There are opportunities now which simply weren’t there five or ten years ago. India’s population, of which over 50% is under 25, is driving the country’s thirst for cellphones and internet access. At the same time, LightPointe’s backhaul technologies have advanced while also becoming more affordable, with wireless gigabit bridges starting at less than US$10,000 MSRP. Our solutions have proven popular because an organization can easily afford their own backhaul solution, and avoid paying high recurring monthly fees to leased fiber-line or leased wireless hardware providers. This confluence of increased demand, and a broader range of more affordable wireless infrastructure options, has prompted us to enhance our sales channel in India, and we encourage experienced wireless distributors to contact us for more information.”
LightPointe, which is the only manufacturer designing and producing all three of the leading wireless bridge technologies, has seen demand for its products increase to historic levels the past year and a half. July revenues were up over 180%, compared to last year. LightPointe attributes its to new products introduced the past year, including 60 GHz and 80 GHz 4G/LTE radios, and to enhanced marketing and channel partner support worldwide. Demand from enterprise customers upgrading to Gigabit capacity, and from telecom carriers deploying LTE small cell backhaul infrastructure, are also fueling growth. In addition, LightPointe’s Free Space Optics and MMW bridges provide extremely fast, low latency transmission, faster than fiber optics and faster than all other wired or wireless technologies.
In addition to enterprise customers in India, such as hospitals, businesses and schools, LightPointe is targeting leading mobile and internet service providers such as Airtel, Vodafone India, Reliance Communications, Idea, BSNL, Tata DoCoMo, Aircel, Uninor, MTS, Sky Broadband, Tata Indicom and Airmesh.
LightPointe Communications, Inc. is a San Diego-based manufacturer of wireless Gigabit capacity bridges for enterprise and 4G/LTE carrier markets, including small cell backhaul. Its AirePointe division (www.AirePointe.com) also delivers wireless solutions to the government sector and security industry. All trademarks are the property of their respective organization.
Todd Easterling, Easterling Group / LightPointe
Click here to read the full story: LightPointe Targets India Wireless Backhaul Market, as 4G Solutions Are Discussed at Mobile Backhaul 2012 Convention in New Delhi
Press Release Distributed by PR.com
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Code42
- What a Gamble! Startup Passjoy.com Announces Enhancements for Apple Mobile Payment System, Before It's Even Released
- Fred Z. Poritsky of FZP Associates LLC Named a Constant Contact Certified Solution Provider
- Easily Add Videos to Wordpress with the New VideoNab Plugin
- MAX Technical Training Makes the Inc. 5000 List for the Third Year in a Row
- Inaugural New York Metro Joint Cyber Security Conference 2014
- MoonQuake Has Opened Two New Branches in New York & Atlanta
- Silicon Carbide Products, Inc. Celebrates 20 Years in Business
- iBeta Awarded Fingerprint Evaluation Study
- Avionte Staffing Software Named on Inc. 5000 List for Third Consecutive Year
- NTT Com Asia Launches Global Virtualization Service in Hong Kong
- Storage Made Easy Announce the General Availability of Their On-Premise Enterprise File Share and Sync Product
- SKGOLD Marketing Ltd. Announces Trademark Registration
- IEEE ICC 2012 Opens Registration for Leading Wireless Networking Conference to be Held June 10 – 15 in Ottawa, Canada
- Portable Experimenter’s Platform, Powered by Raspberry Pi
- Report by California Attorney General Makes Case for Automatic Password Reset Tool: Companies and Agencies Putting Nearly 10% of State’s Adult Population at Risk
- Cleantalk Launched Mobile Application to Control Sign-Up/Commentary on Websites
- Responsive Web Design by Miami Web Developer Web3.0DesignMiami.com Adds Broad Accessibility to High Visibility for StreamlineSolutionsUsa.com
- Enter for a Chance to Win an Apple iPad Mini During the Grand Opening of Silverleaf, Taylor Morrison’s Latest New Home Community in Denver
- Top Business Speaker Partners with SEO Technology Expert to Win at the New Game of Business