|By PR.com Newswire||
|January 25, 2012 03:00 AM EST||
New York, NY, January 25, 2012 --(PR.com)-- The IEEE International Communications Conference (ICC), the premier venue dedicated to the advancement of wireless and wireline communications worldwide, has begun the registration process for its annual event to be held June 10 – 15 at the Ottawa Convention Centre in Ottawa, Canada. Themed “CONNECT – COMMUNICATE – COLLABORATE,” IEEE ICC 2012 is expected to host more than 2,000 industry professionals, scientists, academics and government officials attending nearly 1,500 presentations highlighting the latest research, innovations and business policies surrounding the entire range of global voice, data, image and multimedia technologies.
“Ottawa is the ideal location for stimulating the scientific exchange of ideas, identifying future trends and illuminating new business opportunities,” says the IEEE ICC 2012 General Chair Ibrahim Gedeon, CTO, Telus. “As the hub of Canadian government and the national centre of high technology commonly referred to as Silicon Valley North, Ottawa represents the highest level of scientific achievement with more than 1,800 separate corporations focused on the advance of the latest software, telecommunications, photonics, semiconductors, defence and wireless communications technologies,” adds IEEE ICC 2012 Executive Chair Wahab Almuhtadi, Algonquin College professor.
IEEE ICC 2012 will commence on Monday, June 10 with the first of two full days of tutorials and workshops covering topics ranging from “Advances in Mobile Networking,” “Vehicular Networking,” Mobile Consumer Health Care,” and “Energy Harvesting” to “Green Communications & Networking,” “Optical Networks Survivability” and “Disaster Recovery Lessons Learned from the Great East Japan Earthquake.”
On Tuesday through Thursday, the conference will then proceed with the presentation of hundreds of keynotes, business panels and technical symposia highlighting the areas of wireless networking & communications, communications theory, signal processing, optical systems, next-generation networking, information systems security, cognitive radio and ad hoc sensor networking, multimedia applications and selected topics related to E-Health, powerline, satellite, space, Smart Grid and tactical communications. Special events will also include the:
- Keynote addresses of noted industry experts like Eros Spadotto, Executive Vice President, Technology Strategy at TELUS; Matt Bross, CTO & Vice Chairman at Huawei; and Marcus Weldon, CTO at Alcatel-Lucent
-Industry Plenary presentations of Lucy Hood, Executive Director at Communication Technology Management (CTM) and Lauren States, Vice President, Cloud Computing at IBM
-Technical Plenary presentations of Ian Akyildiz, Professor at Georgia Tech; Victor Bahl, Director MCRC at Microsoft; Vincent Poor, Professor at Princeton University; Raj Jain, Professor at Washington University, St-Louis; and P. R. Kumar, Professor at Texas A&M University
-Industry Forum addresses of Basil Alwan, CTO & President of Alcatel-Lucent’s IP Division; Phil Winterbottom, CTO, Ericsson; Craig Farrell, CTO, Global Telecom Industry, IBM; James Segil, President of EdgeCast Networks; Vadim Lander, Chief Identity Architect, Oracle; and Scott Stevens, Vice President, Systems Engineering, Juniper Networks
In addition, the conference will highlight the newest research and innovations during 16 Industry Forums specifically designed to address:
· Wireless Evolution
· Wired Broadband
· Cloud Computing
· Device Ecosystems
· Network Convergence
· On-Line Charging
· Identity Management
· Government & Defence
· Service Management
· Energy Management
Other key events will entail the Exhibition of Innovation, which will display the products and services of more than 20 leading international corporations. This includes the latest research and development efforts of companies such as Nokia Siemens Networks, Cisco, LG, Juniper, NEC, RIM, Fujitsu, Oracle, Qualcomm, Comcast, SAP, Sigma, TELUS, Alcatel-Lucent, Huawei, Ciena and IBM.
For additional registration information or conference updates contact Heather Ann Sweeney of IEEE ComSoc at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.ieee-icc.org/2012. All website visitors are also invited to reach out to colleagues and peers, share their professional experiences or address IEEE ICC 2012 issues through the conference’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
The IEEE ICC conference is a flagship event of the IEEE Communications Society, which has over 40,000 members and is the second largest of IEEE’s 38 technical societies. Founded in 1952, it has become the major international forum for the exchange of ideas on communications and information networking.
IEEE Communications Society
Contact via Email
Click here to read the full story: IEEE ICC 2012 Opens Registration for Leading Wireless Networking Conference to be Held June 10 – 15 in Ottawa, Canada
Press Release Distributed by PR.com
- NTT Com Asia Launches Global Virtualization Service in Hong Kong
- Storage Made Easy Announce the General Availability of Their On-Premise Enterprise File Share and Sync Product
- SKGOLD Marketing Ltd. Announces Trademark Registration
- IEEE ICC 2012 Opens Registration for Leading Wireless Networking Conference to be Held June 10 – 15 in Ottawa, Canada
- Portable Experimenter’s Platform, Powered by Raspberry Pi
- Cleantalk Launched Mobile Application to Control Sign-Up/Commentary on Websites
- Report by California Attorney General Makes Case for Automatic Password Reset Tool: Companies and Agencies Putting Nearly 10% of State’s Adult Population at Risk
- Responsive Web Design by Miami Web Developer Web3.0DesignMiami.com Adds Broad Accessibility to High Visibility for StreamlineSolutionsUsa.com
- Top Business Speaker Partners with SEO Technology Expert to Win at the New Game of Business
- Enter for a Chance to Win an Apple iPad Mini During the Grand Opening of Silverleaf, Taylor Morrison’s Latest New Home Community in Denver